Seven unexpected little habits can accelerate aging
- Browse: 8
- Source: Dongyang Information Network
Original title: Seven unexpected small habits will accelerate aging
Some bad habits in daily life can accelerate aging. A few days ago, Dr. Erika Schwartz, chief medical officer of the Institute for Aging in New York, USA, said in an interview with the US Health Care Guide website: "Many times, people do (or don't do) things without thinking , You do n’t even realize that they can make people age. If you indulge in these habits, your skin will wrinkle prematurely. "
1. Excessive weight loss. It causes wrinkles and sagging skin. This is because the skin gradually loses its elasticity as it ages, and it cannot adapt to the trend of rapid weight loss. If you need to lose weight, don't lose more than 1-2 pounds in a week. Some doctors advise older people not to worry too much about slight weight gain, as long as they are not overweight; extra fat spread throughout the body can help fill wrinkles and make you look younger.
2. Too much worry. Doing multiple things at the same time can cause stress , which can release free radicals and cause aging. A 2012 study published in the Journal of the Public Library of Science-Comprehensive Studies showed that just a week of work stress can damage DNA by shortening the length of telomeres. There is a link between shortened telomere length and an increased risk of heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, and other aging diseases. Stress can also make it easier to indulge in other unhealthy behaviors that accelerate aging, such as eating a lot of junk food.
3. It is too warm at home in winter. Although it is comfortable to increase the indoor temperature when the outdoor temperature is very low, it will reduce the indoor humidity. This drying effect can bake the skin, causing more prominent wrinkles, itching, and skin shedding. Humidifiers can be used to counteract the adverse effects of dry air. Maintaining a slightly cooler room temperature also helps to turn white fat that stores fat into brown fat that can burn fat.
4. Love sweets. Favorite sweets age quickly on their facial skin. Blood sugars form advanced glycation end products that have a damaging effect on the skin. The more sugars you eat, the more advanced glycation end products are formed, thereby damaging the protein fibers that keep the skin tight and elastic. Once the protein fibers are damaged, the skin becomes wrinkled and sagging.
5. Not getting enough sleep. Sleep plays a vital role in preventing premature skin aging. If you sleep less than 7 to 8 hours a night, the body will not have enough time to repair and renew itself, and it will not be able to produce hormones that help maintain youth. People who get enough sleep look younger than they really are.
6. Not wash your face every day. Dr. Schwartz advises people to wash their face with a cleanser every night and then wipe off all makeup. Although moisturizing cream can hydrate the skin and make wrinkles less visible, never apply moisturizer on dirty faces that have not been washed. This way your pores can become clogged and other skin problems such as acne can make you look older.
7. Smoking. In addition to shortening life span, smoking also causes premature skin aging; the more you smoke, the more skin wrinkles. Not only the facial skin will be affected, but the skin of other parts of the body is also inevitable. Medical experts at the Mayo Clinic in the United States found that smoking narrows blood vessels, hinders blood flow to the skin, and increases the possibility of wrinkles in other parts of the body, including the inside of the arm. ▲ (Special correspondent Chen Dongli of Life Times)
(Editors: Li Yiqun, Xu Xiaohua)